A faulty electrical wire started a fire that caused minor damage to an old log house Thursday afternoon near Clear Spring, a fire official said.
Clear Spring Volunteer Fire Co. Chief Mike Reid said the fire was reported at 1:43 p.m. in the 13600 block of St. Paul Road.
The exact address of the house was not visible on the property. The call was reported as a fire near the intersection of St. Paul and Broadfording roads.
Reid said firefighters were able to isolate the fire to a rear corner of the house and get the flames under control in a few minutes.
The original log structure was covered with wood siding. A few logs were exposed at the site of the fire.