Washington County Public Schools
Washington County Public Schools will be on a two-hour delay Wednesday, school system spokesman Richard Wright said.
Frederick County Schools
• Brunswick Elementary and Lewistown Elementary schools are closed Wednesday. Staff should report to the Staff Development Center, 44 W. Frederick St, Walkersville, Md.
All other Frederick County, Md., public schools will open two hours late and dismiss on time.
Berkeley County Schools
• Berkeley County (W.Va.) Schools will reopen Wednesday morning after a two-hour delay given ongoing storm recovery efforts, spokesman Leah Catlett said.
Jefferson County Schools
• Jefferson County (W.Va.) Public Schools will open Wednesday after a two-hour delay, officials announced Wednesday morning.
Washington County government
• Washington County Government will be open Wednesday. As Washington County Public Schools are operating on a two-hour delay, Washington County Government staff is given the option to take liberal leave if necessary.
Residents who need to report a non-emergency incident are asked to call 240-313-4600. This is a general phone number staffed by the County Emergency Operations Staff and available to citizens to use in the event of tree damage, flooding problems, traffic signal outages, or other issues that are non-life-threatening. In the event of an emergency, call 911.
For additional information and updates, stay tuned to local media outlets or visit the Washington County Government website at www.washco-md.net or Facebook page at www.facebook.com/WashingtonCountyMD.
Residents are also encouraged to sign up for emergency notifications from the Washington County Division of Emergency Services at https://ww2.everbridge.net/citizen/EverbridgeGateway.action?body=home&gis_alias_id=940761.
Hagerstown trash collection, recycling
• Due to the extreme amounts of rain and wind from the storm, all residents of the City of Hagerstown should note that there will be no collection on Tuesday. All trash and recycling collection in the city the rest of this week will be delayed by one day.
When collections resume early Wednesday morning, lingering high winds will hamper the crews. City residents can assist the collection by doing the following:
- Retrieve your trash containers and recycling totes promptly after collection
- For trash, use bags this week. Containers can potentially blow away.
Residents with questions can contact the Department of Parks and Engineering at 301-739-8577, extension 125, or visit www.hagerstownmd.org
• Courtland Manor Trash pickup cancelled for Tuesday. Pickup is rescheduled for Thursday.