State Farm Insurance
GREENCASTLE, Pa. — State Farm insurance agent Francis X. Kenawell has earned the chartered financial consultant, or ChFC, professional designation from The American College of Financial Services in Bryn Mawr, Pa.
The ChFC program prepares professionals to meet the advanced financial needs of individuals, professionals and small-business owners. ChFCs can identify and establish specific goals and then formulate, implement and monitor a comprehensive plan to achieve those goals.
Those who earn a ChFC can provide advice on a broad range of financial topics, including financial planning, wealth accumulation and estate planning, income taxation, life and health insurance, business taxation and planning, investments and retirement planning.
Kenawell is the sole proprietor of the Francis X. Kenawell State Farm agency on the square in Greencastle. He took over for the late Tony Nicastro on July 1, 2006.
Prior to his career with State Farm, Kenawell was the owner and chief executive officer of the DuBois (Pa.) Business College. He opened campuses in Oil City and Huntingdon, Pa. While running the colleges he also owned and managed Shortway Service Inc. and London Brothers Energy Products Inc.
He earned a Bachelor of Arts and a Master of Business Administration from Penn State’s University Park campus.
He is a member of St. Ann Roman Catholic Church in Hagerstown with his wife of 30 years, Lisa D Kenawell. Their three children graduated from Penn State and work in Annapolis, Boston and Baltimore.
Pen-Mar Regional Association of Realtors
At its December membership meeting, the Pen-Mar Regional Association of Realtors installed members who will lead the organization in 2013.
The installation was conducted by representatives of the Maryland Association of Realtors and Pennsylvania Association of Realtors.
The members of the 2013 board of directors are Betty Hays, president; Jim Crumrine, president-elect; Thom Pattie, secretary; Brad Costolo, treasurer; Clarence Horst and Laurel Walker, Maryland directors; Steve Coover and Tina Long, Pennsylvania directors; and Darwyn Benedict, past president.
The mission of the Pen-Mar Regional Association of Realtors is to be the local leader in protecting private property rights and serving members by promoting the ethical, professional, and profitable practice of real estate.
The organization represents Realtors in Washington County, Md., and Franklin and Fulton counties in Pennsylvania.
Coldwell Banker Innovations
Coldwell Banker Innovations recently hired the following associates:
• Kevin O’Leary, who is licensed in Maryland
• Tabitha G. Witmer, who is licensed in Maryland, Pennsylvania and West Virginia
• Roger Brown, who is licensed in Maryland
• David Sprankle, who is licensed in Maryland and works in the Frederick, Md., office
Coldwell Banker Innovations honored the following employees in November:
• Alice Guy, top listing sales associate by volume and top listing sales associate by units
• Susan Dattilio of Dattilio and Associates, top-selling sales associate by volume; top-selling sales associate by units; top sales associate by settled volume
• Tom Test of the Horn-Test Team, top sales associate by settled units
• Jeanne Pino, top-selling sales associate by volume and units for corporate-owned properties
Coldwell Banker Innovations honored the following employees in December:
• Cynthia Moler of Moler and Associates, top listing sales associate by volume
• Guy, top listing sales associate by units
• Louise Galligan, top-selling sales associate by volume
• Test, top-selling sales associate by units
• Dattilio, top sales associate by settled volume and top sales associate by settled units
• Pino, top-selling sales associate by volume and units for corporate-owned properties
Hopewell Sheet Metal Manufacturing Inc.
Hopewell Sheet Metal Manufacturing Inc. in recently honored the following employees for achieving milestone anniversaries in years of service to the company:
• Diane Baker, 25 years; Mark Baker, 20 years; Nate Whetzel, 15 years; and Jason Barkdoll, Rob Peacher, Justin Snodderly and William Walling, 10 years.
• Steve Jacobs was named employee of the year for 2012.
Hagerstown-Washington County Convention and Visitors Bureau
Tom Riford, president and chief executive officer of the Hagerstown-Washington County Convention and Visitors Bureau, was named one of the top leaders in the meetings and events industry by Rejuvenate magazine.
Riford was the only Marylander among the 34 names submitted to the magazine by its industry partners across the United States. Rejuvenate provides information about faith-based meetings, conferences, retreats and other events through a magazine, website and social-media network.
RE/MAX Achievers announced the top agents for December:
• Top agent with commissions: Lynnette R. Potter
• Top agent with new listings: Joan M. Jernigan
• Top agent with new sales: Kari L. Shank
• Top team with commissions and new listings: The Powell Team, consisting of Steven L. Powell, Stephenie Rinehart, Steve Souders and Linda Hansen.
•ƒ Top team with new sales: The Shirley Bayer Team, consisting of Shirley J. Bayer and Matt Davis
Business People - Jan. 20
Francis X. Kenawell (Submitted photo / January 16, 2013)