MARTINSBURG, W.Va. — Karen L. Coyne, of the Martinsburg office of Raymond James, recently completed the Level II program of the Institute of Investment Management Consulting certification series at Raymond James.
By doing so, Coyne is recognized for implementing an institutional investment approach in her practice.
The Institute of Investment Management Consulting, or IIMC, was developed to help financial advisers drive success in their consulting practices through educational programs, ongoing communications forums and networking with other financial advisers.
IIMC members are selected based on their demonstrated commitment to pursuing a consulting approach in managing and growing their practices.
Coyne attended a three-day certification program incorporating sophisticated investment management topics, such as optimizing client portfolios and monitoring investment manager performance, and participated in sharing best practices among her peers. In addition to learning about new investment opportunities, such as alternative investments, Coyne will receive ongoing education and support of the investment and manager research teams.
She specializes in guiding clients through life transitions such as retirement and sale of a business.
For more information, send an email to email@example.com or call 304-263-1311.
Smith Elliott Kearns & Co. LLC
The following people were promoted, effective Jan. 1, at Smith Elliott Kearns & Co. LLC:
• Jill L. Bachtell was promoted from senior associate to supervisor. She graduated summa cum laude from Shippensburg (Pa.) University with a Bachelor of Science in business administration. She joined the Hagerstown office’s audit department in 2008 and specializes in providing Employee Retirement Income Security Act, or ERISA, and manufacturing audit services.
• Mark A. Hill was promoted from senior associate to supervisor. He graduated from Elizabethtown (Pa.) College with a Bachelor of Science in accounting. He joined the firm in 2010 and services institutional health care clients in the Carlisle, Pa., office.
• Brooke A. Murphy, enrolled agent, was promoted from senior associate to supervisor. She graduated from Shippensburg University with a Bachelor of Science in business administration. She joined the Carlisle office in 2005 and serves tax, accounting services and QuickBooks clients. She has served on the firm’s Scan Task Force.
• William H. Souders, certified public accountant, was promoted from senior associate to supervisor. He joined the firm in 2005 after graduating summa cum laude from Shippensburg University with a Bachelor of Science in business administration. He provides audit services to nonprofit, governmental and business clients in the Hagerstown office.
• Erin Shoop, certified public accountant, was promoted from staff associate to senior associate. She graduated summa cum laude with a Bachelor of Science in accounting and a master’s degree in business administration from Mount St. Mary’s University. She joined the audit department of the Hagerstown office in 2009. She provides services to financial institutions, nonprofits and ERISA clients.
• Mandy L. Walls was promoted from support accountant to staff associate. She earned a Bachelor of Science in accounting from Kaplan College. She joined the Chambersburg, Pa., office in 2009 and works with the firm’s small business and individual clients providing accounting, tax and QuickBooks services.
• Kelley R. Merris was promoted from support accountant to supervising accountant. She attended Harrisburg (Pa.) Area Community College and joined the Carlisle office in 2001. She works with payroll and accounting services clients and supervises the accounting service practice in Carlisle. In addition, she serves on the firm’s ACTS Committee.
FREDERICK, Md. — Lisa Teach recently transferred to RE/MAX Achievers, which has offices in Frederick and Hagerstown.
Teach has more than eight years of experience in real estate and has been a RE/MAX agent since 2006.
She is a certified distressed property expert and has knowledge and experience with short sales. Along with distressed properties, her experience includes new-home sales, working with first-time home buyers and move-up buyers, investors and relocations. She has produced more than $80 million in settled transactions and was consecutively awarded RE/MAX 100% Club status from 2007-11.
For more information, contact Teach at 8415 Progress Drive, Suite B, in Frederick; call 301-695-4800 or 301-514-3785; send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org; or go to www.4yourmdhomes.com.
Business people - March 3
Karen L. Coyne (Submitted photo / February 27, 2013)