December 30, 2012
Patients and employees of seven local eye-care practices collected more than 1,400 nonperishable items during a monthlong “I Care” food drive.
The items were donated to food pantries and soup kitchens in Franklin and Fulton counties in Pennsylvania and Washington County in Maryland.
The I Care drive was started by Ludwick Eye Center in 2010.
This year, fellow eye-care practices in the three-county area were invited to participate.
Practices taking part in I Care included:
• Allegany Optical — Hagerstown, and Chambersburg, Waynesboro and Greencastle, Pa.
• Daley Family Eye Care, McConnellsburg, Pa.
• Eyecare Professionals, Hagerstown
• Future Vision, Chambersburg
• Longmeadow Eyecare, Hagerstown
• Ludwick Eye Center — Chambersburg, Hagerstown and Waynesboro
• Mark Teunis, O.D., Hagerstown
Copyright © 2013, Herald Mail