Eye-care patients, providers show they care
Patients generously gave to this year's I Care food drive. From left, Kris Culler, Candace Miller and Donna Bender, staff from Ludwick Eye Center, load donations to deliver to local food pantries. (Submitted photo / December 24, 2012)
The items were donated to food pantries and soup kitchens in Franklin and Fulton counties in Pennsylvania and Washington County in Maryland.
The I Care drive was started by Ludwick Eye Center in 2010.
This year, fellow eye-care practices in the three-county area were invited to participate.
Practices taking part in I Care included:
• Allegany Optical — Hagerstown, and Chambersburg, Waynesboro and Greencastle, Pa.
• Daley Family Eye Care, McConnellsburg, Pa.
• Eyecare Professionals, Hagerstown
• Future Vision, Chambersburg
• Longmeadow Eyecare, Hagerstown
• Ludwick Eye Center — Chambersburg, Hagerstown and Waynesboro
• Mark Teunis, O.D., Hagerstown