The scholarship is intended for second-year Latino students majoring in business, technology or engineering who intend to transfer to a four-year institution after completing their associate degree at HCC.
To be eligible, students must meet the following requirements:
- Be a Latino student enrolled in a two-year accredited program with the intent to transfer to a four-year program
- Have a minimum grade-point of average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale (or its equivalent)
- Be a full-time college student completing the second year of study with an anticipated graduation date of December 2012 or May 2013, or have completed a third year of study with an anticipated graduation date of May 2012
- Be seeking degrees in business, engineering (all disciplines), computer science, computer engineering, information-systems technology, mathematics or statistics
- Be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship now or in the future
Students can apply online at www.aspira.org/si. Applications and supporting materials must be received no later than Feb. 1.
For more information, contact Student Financial Aid Counselor Britney Carter at 301-790-2800, ext. 605, or e-mail email@example.com.