The festival will feature and adjudicate music ensembles from every secondary school and a few elementary schools.
The music festival will be broken into five days:
- Wednesday — Middle and high school orchestra assessment at North High
- Thursday — Middle school chorus assessment at South High
- Friday — High school chorus assessment at South High
- Tuesday, March 26 — High school band assessment at North High
- Wednesday, March 27 — Middle school band assessment at North High
The festival is an assessment, not a competition.
Every group is performing for ratings and/or comments.
The focus of the festival is to provide a learning environment for the ensembles and teachers.
From the experience, each group will learn techniques to improve and enhance their performance.
The ensembles will also have a chance to hear other ensembles perform.
The performance portion of the festival in the auditorium is open to the public.
There will be areas roped off for performing groups, and the atmosphere is one of a professional concert.
No one will be allowed to enter or exit while a group is performing.
Cellphones and beepers must be turned off and silence is expected in the hall during performances.
The sight reading room is limited to the student groups and their director only.