Those state figures do not include another $2.1 billion being proposed as part of the capital budget for the Department of Transportation.
In Washington County, the Winebrenner Wastewater Treatment Plant, which is on Pen-Mar Road near Fort Ritchie, will receive $9.1 million for miscellaneous improvements.
Hagerstown Community College will receive $4.5 million for expansion of its student center and another $666,000 to replace the roof at its Athletic, Recreation and Community Center.
Bester Elementary School will receive about $3.2 million, while E. Russell Hicks Middle School will get about $2.2 million.
Other items in the proposed capital budget for Washington County include:
- $1.4 million for the new Hancock library
- $491,000 for Boonsboro High School
- $418,000 for Funkstown Elementary School
- $366,000 for improvements to the Sharpsburg water treatment plant
- $251,000 for Program Open Space local grants
- $204,000 for Marshall Street Elementary School
- $160,000 for a Williamsport water tank improvement project
- $60,000 for roof repairs at Fort Frederick State Park
- $26,000 for merry-go-round installations in the city of Hagerstown