MARTINSBURG, W.Va.—The following Berkeley and Jefferson county residents filed candidacy papers this week for state and county offices in the May 8 primary election, as of 4:30 p.m., Friday. The deadline to file for the upcoming election is Jan. 28:
- Steven Teufel of Martinsburg for county council, Adam Stephen District.
- JoAnn Overington of Martinsburg for magistrate (incumbent).
- Pamela Jean Games-Neely of Shepherdstown for prosecuting attorney (incumbent)
- Harry L. Snow of Hedgesville for magistrate (incumbent)
- Kenneth “Kenny” Lemaster of Martinsburg for sheriff (incumbent).
- Charles “Chip” O’Roke of Martinsburg for sheriff.
- William “Bill” Queen of Martinsburg for school board, Adam Stephen District (incumbent).
- James “Jim” Moore of Hedgesville for conservation district supervisor (incumbent).
- Mary Paul Rissler of Charles Town for magistrate (incumbent).
- Everett “Ed” Boober of Charles Town for sheriff.
- Robert E. “Bobby” Shirley of Kearneysville for sheriff (incumbent).