Pa. woman charged with cutting man's stomach
CHAMBERSBURG, Pa. — A woman has been charged with using a kitchen knife to cut a man on his stomach Monday afternoon in Greene Township, Pa., Pennsylvania State Police said.
Calvette S. Snively, 37, address unavailable, was charged with aggravated assault, simple assault and harassment, according to a state police news release.
Troopers said the incident was reported at 5:24 p.m. at a home on Courtney Drive, where the man was injured.
Police said the victim did not require medical attention.
Doughnut eating leads to shoplifting charge
MARTINSBURG, W.Va. — A clerk at the midtown 7-Eleven convenience store in Martinsburg told police a man ate a doughnut that he shoplifted there Saturday before leaving the business, according to Berkeley County Magistrate Court records.
Gary Mark Miller, 51, of 97 Bohrer Lane, Bunker Hill, W.Va., was arraigned Sunday by Magistrate JoAnn Overington on one felony count of shoplifting third offense, according to court records.
The clerk told police a man ate the doughnut while standing in line and then walked out of the store at 201 Winchester Ave. without paying for it, according to court records.
Miller, who police said was later found “highly intoxicated” in the 200 block of Porter Avenue, told police he didn’t have enough money for the doughnut and left the store, according to court records.
A review of Miller’s arrests by police revealed multiple third-offense shoplifting convictions, according to court records.
W.Va. woman charged in stabbing
MARTINSBURG, W.Va. — A Falling Waters, W.Va., woman is accused of stabbing a male in the chest Friday evening with a steak knife, according to Berkeley County Magistrate Court records.
Julie Michelle Knieff, of 84 Viceroy Drive, was arraigned Saturday on one count of malicious wounding by Magistrate JoAnn Overington, according to court records.
The charge filed against Knieff came after a Berkeley County sheriff’s deputy responded at 7:43 p.m. for a reported domestic at 84 Viceroy Drive, according to court documents.
The stabbing victim was taken to City Hospital for treatment, according to court records.
Deputies respond to thefts, tire slashings
The following incidents were reported by the Washington County Sheriff’s Office:
- At 6:41 p.m., two picnic tables were reported stolen in the 17600 block of Bakersville Road in Boonsboro.
- At 8:29 p.m., a door was reported kicked in in the 11200 block of Youngstoun Drive.
- At 9:36 p.m., cash was reported stolen in the 18600 block of Northaven Street.
- At 11:41 p.m., a female was reported robbed at knifepoint in the 19500 block of Longmeadow Road.
- At 7:44 a.m., tires were reported slashed in the 12000 block of Smithfield Farm lane.
- At 10:14 a.m., an all-terrain vehicle was reported stolen in the 14400 block of Mercersburg Road in Clear Spring.
- At 9:07 p.m., a tag was reported stolen from a motorcycle in the 13300 block of Hunterhill Drive.
- At 10:31 a.m., a .25-caliber pistol was reported stolen in the 13300 block of Porters Lane in Hancock.
- At 8:23 p.m., a credit card was reported stolen and used on the Internet in the 14700 block of Mercersburg Road in Clear Spring.