Man accused of selling heroin is arraigned
MARTINSBURG, W.Va. — A Bunker Hill man accused of selling $100 worth of heroin to a confidential informant was arraigned Friday morning by Berkeley County Magistrate Joan V. Bragg on one count of delivery of a controlled substance, according to magistrate court records.
The alleged drug deal with Douglas Scott Rotruck, 28, of 1184 Rawhide Drive was arranged Thursday by members of the Eastern Panhandle Drug and Violent Crime Task Force and occurred at the defendant's southern Berkeley County home, court records show.
Woman charged with possession with intent to deliver
MARTINSBURG, W.Va. — A 48-year-old woman was charged with possession with intent to deliver a controlled substance Friday after police say they found her with multiple pieces of crack cocaine.
Misty A. Tarman of 420 Winchester Ave., Apt. A, Martinsburg, was arrested when police executed a search warrant for an ongoing drug investigation, according to a news release from Martinsburg police Detective Cpl. Scott Doyle.
The search warrant was obtained after police orchestrated the purchase of crack cocaine purchase at the residence, the news release said.
Martinsburg police also announced Friday that city officers, assisted by the Eastern Panhandle Drug and Violent Crime Task Force, executed a search warrant at 412 Virginia Ave., after controlled purchases of narcotics were made there.
Police seized a firearm and several other items, but no arrests were made, the release said.
Police say they seized 80 painkillers from man
MARTINSBURG, W.Va. — Police seized 80 pills prescribed for moderate to severe pain relief from a Kearneysville, W.Va., man Wednesday night after responding to the Holiday Inn in Martinsburg to investigate a suspicious vehicle report, according to Berkeley County Magistrate Court records.
Michael Andre Brown Jr., of 15011 Leetown Road, was arraigned Thursday by Magistrate Jim Humphrey on one count of possession with intent to deliver a controlled substance (Roxicodone), according to court records.
Roxicodone is a brand of oxycodone, an often abused medication that is prescribed to relieve moderate to severe pain.
Police said the defendant, who was found with $883 in cash at the hotel, admitted to selling some of the pills to two females before officers responded to the hotel at 8:20 p.m. to investigate a report of suspicious activity involving a light-colored Mercedes, according to court records.
Police allege Brown, who had checked into the hotel, said he just received 100 pills from his supplier while in the hotel parking lot, according to a complaint filed with the court by Martinsburg Police Department Sgt. Justin Darby.
Brown also indicated that he normally obtained 100 pills a week from his supplier and sold them for $25 each within a week, according to court records.
Fire destroys mobile home in Kearneysville
A mobile home was destroyed by a fire early Friday in the Fox Glen subdivision in Kearneysville, W.Va., said Lt. Zachery Morgan of the Shepherdstown Volunteer Fire Co.
The fire was reported at about 3 a.m. on Jophpurs Road, Morgan said. He wasn't sure of the exact address or what caused the fire.
"It's in the insurance company's hands to investigate," Morgan said. "It was probably a total loss."
Morgan said the Red Cross was called to assist the family.
Firefighters from at least six fire companies in Maryland and West Virginia responded to the blaze, Morgan said.
- At 3:47 p.m., an auto accident in the 500 block of Philadelphia Avenue in Chambersburg.
- At 4:15 p.m., an auto accident at Big Spring and Path Valley roads in Fannett Township.
- At 5:04 p.m., a building fire in the 9500 block of Mentzer Gap Road in Quincy Township.
- At 5:15 p.m., an auto accident at State Line and Hollowell Church roads in Antrim Township.
- At 5:39 p.m., an auto accident in the 900 block of Wayne Avenue in Chambersburg.
- At 5:46 p.m., an auto accident at South Potomac and West Main streets in Waynesboro.
- At 6:39 p.m., a chimney fire in the 3300 block of New Baltimore Road.
- At 9:37 p.m., an activated carbon monoxide detector in the 300 block of Cornertown Road in Greene Township.
Washington County Sheriff's Office report
The following incidents were reported by the Washington County Sheriff’s Office:
- Items were stolen from a home in the 4500 block of Harpers Ferry Road in Sharpsburg.
- Identity theft reported in the 17600 block of Millers Sawmill Road in Sharpsburg.
- A vehicle was vandalized in the first block of West Potomac Street in Williamsport.
- An armed robbery reported in a wooded area off Nursery Road.
- A theft was reported in the 17100 block of Cole Road.
- Medication was taken from a vehicle in the 18400 block of Maugans Avenue.
- Money was stolen in the 17900 block of Reiff Church Road.
- Money and a garage door opener were stolen from a car in the 21900 block of Leitersburg-Smithsburg Road in Smithsburg.
- A burglary was reported in the first block of South Main Street in Keedysville.