Tires slashed in North End
Tires were slashed on at least 14 vehicles in Hagerstown's North End overnight Saturday, Hagerstown Police Sgt. Stewart Heckman said Sunday morning.
The vehicles were on Wayside Avenue, North Mulberry Street, The Terrace and Woodland Way, Heckman said.
McConnellsburg man charged after physical altercation
McCONNELLSBURG, Pa. — A McConnellsburg man was charged with retaliation against a witness after a physical altercation Saturday morning, according to a news release from the Pennsylvania State Police.
The suspect confronted another McConnellsburg man, who is 20, about charges pending against the suspect and a physical altercation ensued, with the witness suffering injuries to his face and ribs, police said. The incident occurred at about 10:45 a.m. Saturday at 234 Woodside Drive in Ayr Township, police said.
James Lynn Junkins, 21, of McConnellsburg, was charged with retaliation against a witness, simple assault and harassment, police said.
Junkins was being held Sunday morning at Franklin County Jail in lieu of a $10,000 bond, authorities said.
Franklin County Emerfgency Services incident report
The following incidents were reported Saturday by Franklin County (Pa.) Emergency Services:
- At 2:02 p.m., multiple outbuilding fires in the 17500 block of Spring Run Road East in Fannett Township.
- At 2:07 p.m., a traffic accident at Loudon and South Federal streets in Chambersburg.
- At 2:41 p.m., a traffic accident in the 900 block of Scotland Avenue in Chambersburg.
- At 3:55 p.m., a traffic accident in the 3000 block of Wayne Road in Guilford Township.
- At 5:37 p.m., a traffic accident in the 14900 block of Charmian Road in Washington Township.
- At 5:58 p.m., an outside fire investigation in the 100 block of Crider Avenue in Guilford Township.