Jefferson Co. woman hurt in mobile home blaze
SHEPHERDSTOWN, W.Va. — A Jefferson County woman was injured Wednesday morning in a fire that destroyed her mobile home on Old Creamery Place off old W.Va. 9, said Lt. Zac Morgan of the Shepherdstown Fire Department.
Morgan declined to identify the victim other than to say she was middle-aged and that she suffered serious injuries.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
Pa. police seek info on explosive device
CHAMBERSBURG, Pa. — Pennsylvania State Police are looking for the public’s help in gathering information about an explosive device that was detonated Tuesday night inside a mailbox on Sollenberger Road.
Troopers said although the blast only caused minor property damage, it could have injured someone passing by.
The blast, which was reported at 10:30 p.m, occurred in the 1800 block of Sollenberger Road in Hamilton Township, Pa., troopers said.
Anyone with information about the crime may call Franklin County Crime Solvers at 717-263-3000. A reward of up to $2,000 may be awarded if it lead to an arrest. Calls can leave information anonymously, troopers said.
Washington County Sheriff’s Office reports incidents
The Washington County Sheriff’s Office reported the following incidents:
From 8 a.m. Monday to 8 a.m. Tuesday
- Vandalism was reported in the 20300 block of The Gardens near Hagerstown.
- Vandalism was reported in the 17500 block of Virginia Avenue in Halfway.
- A theft was reported in the 17800 block of Thornberry Road near Hagerstown.
- A theft was reported in the 17300 block of Valley Mall Road in Halfway.
- A theft from a vehicle was reported in the unit block of Yankee Drive in Keedysville.
From 8 a.m. Tuesday to 8 a.m. Wednesday
- A burglary was reported in the 8100 block of Mountain Laurel Road near Boonsboro.
- Vandalism was reported in the 300 block of South Artizan Street in Williamsport.
- Vandalism was reported in the 17100 block of Cole Road near Hagerstown.