Copper pipe theft reported in Waynesboro, Pa.
WAYNESBORO, Pa. — The Waynesboro Police Department was dispatched Feb. 26 to 823 S. Potomac St. for the report of a burglary after the fact.
Upon arrival, the owner of the house, Troy Mong of Rockhill Road, said he discovered that someone had come inside and cut some of the copper pipe out of the basement, according to a news release issued by the police department. He said the entry did not appear to be forced.
Someone entered the basement and cut several pieces of copper pipe from the house, the release states. The pipe was crimped at the end where it had been cut. The theft took place between Feb. 19 and 26, according to the release.
Anyone with information regarding the burglary is asked to call the Waynesboro Police Department at 717-762-2132.
- A burglary in the 21400 block of Jefferson Boulevard.
- A burglary in the 3500 block of Limekiln Road.
- A door hinge on a shed was cut in the 17800 block of Spielman Road.
- A burglary in the 1100 block of Kuhn Avenue.
- A lock was tampered with in the 9500 block of Morning Walk Drive.
- A car was vandalized at Smithsburg Middle School.
- A house was damaged by rocks in the 700 block of North Boyd Street in Cascade.
- A vehicle was stolen in the 18400 block of Showalter Road.
- A motorcycle was stolen in the 12000 block of Mapleville Road in Cavetown.
- A theft in the 11400 block of Fawnbridge Drive.
- A theft from Valley Mall.
- A theft in the 13100 block of Clear Spring Road.
- A purse, credit cards and other items were stolen from a vehicle in the 13100 block of Blue Ridge Road.
- Thefts from motor vehicles in the 19100 block of Woodburn Court and in the 13000 block of Woodburn Drive.
- A theft from a motor vehicle in the first block of North Mill Street in Clear Spring.
- A theft from a motor vehicle in the 11200 block of Youngstoun Drive.
- A theft from a motor vehicle in the 12900 block of Woodburn Drive.
Hagerstown Police respond to incidents
The Hagerstown Police Department responded to the following incidents, according to spokeswoman Barbara Pickett.
- A burglary involving copper was reported in the 300 block of Nottingham Road.
- A theft was reported in the 100 block of Buena Vista Avenue.
- Graffiti was reported in the 600 block of Salem Avenue.
- Theft from a vehicle was reported in the 10 block of West Baltimore Street.
- An attended death was reported in an apartment in the 60 block of West Antietam Street.
- A traffic accident occurred at South Burhans Boulevard and West Antietam Street.
- A trespassing incident was reported at an apartment in the 600 block of West Washington Street.
- A burglary was reported in the 300 block of Westside Avenue. Four juveniles were arrested.
- A harassment was reported at Culligan Water at 501 Maryland Ave.
- A traffic crash occurred at Brookline Avenue and Jefferson Street.
- Damage to a vehicle was reported in the 50 block of Elgin Boulevard.
- Theft of tools from a vehicle was reported in the 500 block of Lynnehaven Drive.
- Theft of medication was reported at the W House at 519 N. Locust St.
- A domestic assault was reported in the 400 block of Mitchell Avenue.
- A burglary was reported in the 200 block of North Potomac Street.
- A theft was reported at Byers Stop-N-Go on Burhans Boulevard.
- A motorist was charged with drunken driving during a traffic stop in the first block of North Locust Street.
- A hit-and-run accident occurred at Franklin and Locust streets.
- An assault was reported in the 200 block of North Jonathan Street.
- A theft was reported in the 200 block of North Mulberry Street.
- Damage to property was reported in the 1000 block of Virginia Avenue.
- A traffic accident occurred in the 900 block of Marshall Street.
- A theft was reported at OfficeMax on Garland Groh Boulevard.
- Damage to property was reported in the 300 block of Key Avenue.
- Detergent was reported stolen from the CVS on North Cannon Avenue.
- A second-degree assault and reckless endangerment incident was reported in the 500 block of West Howard Street.
- An alleged second-degree assault was reported in the 100 block of North Burhans Boulevard.
- A hit-and-run crash occurred in the 1100 block of West Washington Street.
- A vehicle crash involving alleged drunk driving occurred in the 300 block of East Washington Street. An arrest was made.
- A traffic stop at Sherman Avenue and South Burhans Boulevard allegedly turned up controlled dangerous substances. An arrest was made.
- A second-degree assault was reported at Vito's at 301 N. Burhans Blvd. Five arrests were made.
- An arrest warrant was served in the 500 block of Western Maryland Parkway.
- A motorist was charged with drunken driving during a traffic stop in the 1200 block of Dual Highway.
- A shoplifting incident occurred at Martin's on Dual Highway. A juvenile was arrested.
- A theft was reported at Walmart on Garland Groh Boulevard.
- A dog bite was reported in the 200 block of East Franklin Street.
- A disorderly arrest was made in the 40 block of Charles Street.
- A domestic violence referral was made in the 100 block of East Antietam Street.
- A weapons violation was reported at E. Russell Hicks Middle School.
- A burglary was reported in the 100 block of Ray Street.
- Tires on a vehicle were slashed in the 400 block of McDowell Avenue.
- A second-degree assault was reported in the 300 block of North Jonathan Street.
- An assault was reported in the 100 block of East Washington Street.