Six Hagerstown businesses have been fined by Washington County liquor officials for allegedly selling alcohol to minors.
The fines were levied Wednesday during hearings held by the Board of License Commissioners for Washington County at its office on West Washington Street in Hagerstown.
The Hagerstown Police Department conducted compliance checks on June 9 and 16.
The following businesses were fined:
- Nikko Japanese Steakhouse, 1580 Wesel Blvd., first offense, $500 fine.
- Mike’s Tavern, 636-638 N. Prospect St., first offense, $500 fine.
- The Broad Axe, 28 W. Franklin St., first offense, $500 fine.
- Cafe Liquors, 1644-A Wesel Blvd., first offense, $500 fine.
- Market Lot Liquors, 54 W. Church St., second offense, $900 fine.
- Roxy Liquors, 761 Wilson Blvd., second offense, $750 fine.
The following Hagerstown businesses passed alcohol compliance checks in June: Always Ron’s Restaurant; Roxy Liquors (checked twice in June); Café Italia; Benny’s Pub; Chic’s Seafood; T.G.I. Friday’s; The Gourmet Goat; D & G Liquors; El Paso Mexican Restaurant; Liquor Locker; El Ranchero Mexican Restaurant; Long Meadow Wines & Liquors; Ledo Pizza; Hub City Liquors; Corner Grill; Cellar Wine & Spirits; House of Kobe; Potomac Liquors; Side Pockets; JRJ Liquors; Georgia Boy Café at Park Circle; Summit Liquors; Bulls & Bears; Cinco De Mayo;Chuck E. Cheese’s; The Greene Turtle; Courtyard by Marriott; Terrace Liquors; Spring Hill Suites Marriott; Universal Liquors; Pennsylvania Avenue Pizza Hut; and Black Eyed Susan Restaurant.
— Dan Dearth