KNOXVILLE —A chimney fire that started above a wood stove Wednesday night caused about $65,000 in damages to a mobile home in Knoxville, the Maryland State Fire Marshal’s Office said.
The fire was reported at 10:09 p.m. by the occupants of the double-wide mobile home at 1834 Hoffmaster Road, according to a fire marshal’s office news release.
Authorities said the fire, which spread from the chimney to the structure, caused $55,000 in damages to the structure and $10,000 in damages to the contents.
Fifty-nine firefighters from Sharpsburg, Potomac Valley, Rohrersville, Brunswick and Jefferson County, W.Va., responded to the scene, the fire marshal’s office said. It took firefighters about 45 minutes to bring the fire under control.
The occupants of the home, Joseph and Kelly Bowers, were being assisted by the Red Cross.
The fire marshal’s office said the home had working smoke detectors.