FUNKSTOWN —An electrical failure in a computer printer started a fire that caused $30,000 in damages to a home on Friday at 345 Emmert Road near Funkstown, the Maryland State Fire Marshal’s Office said.
The owner of the home reported the fire at 4:41 p.m., according to a fire marshal’s office news release. A smoke alarm was activated, and no one was injured.
Authorities said the fire, which started in a converted garage, caused $25,000 in damage to the one-story structure and $5,000 in damages to the contents.
It took 49 firefighters about 10 minutes to bring the fire under control, according to the release.
Fire companies from Funkstown, Mt. Aetna, Hagerstown, Halfway and Washington County Special Operations responded to the scene.
The owners of the home are Mark and Rose Marie Wolfensberger, the state fire marshal’s office said.