A home on National Pike near Clear Spring was damaged Saturday morning when a chimney fire spread into the wall and floor, Clear Spring Volunteer Fire Department Chief Mike Reid said.
The house, a single-family Cape Cod at 13815 National Pike, had moderate damage, but the residents decided to stay in it, Reid said.
Two people live in the house, he said.
The fire began in the chimney as the residents were burning a wood stove, Reid said.
Fire companies from Maugansville, Williamsport, Halfway and Franklin County, Pa., assisted at the scene.
— Heather Keels