HAGERSTOWN—The Board of License Commissioners for Washington County, also known as the liquor board, held violation hearings Wednesday about sales of alcohol to minors by five businesses.
According to officers of the Hagerstown Police Department and Washington County Sheriff’s Department, the following businesses sold alcohol to minors during compliance checks:
- Pittman’s Liquors at 1 Virginia Ave. in Hancock (first offense)
- Battleview Market at 5331 Sharpsburg Pike, near Sharpsburg (third offense)
- McNamee’s Tavern at 18154 Lappans Rd., near Fairplay (first offense)
- Country Spirits at 25459 Highfield Rd., near Cascade (first offense)
- Greene Turtle at 12818-A Shank Farm Way in Hagerstown (first offense)
— Heather Keels