Roads scheduled for pavement maintenance
7:09 PM EDT, March 28, 2011
Several additional roads have been added to Washington County’s upcoming pavement maintenance schedule, Deputy Director of Public Works Robert J. Slocum said.
The additional roads were added because the bid for the contract came in lower than the engineer’s estimate, he said.
The original contract was for about $2.3 million, and with the additional roads, the contract will be for about $2.8 million, Slocum said. The engineer’s estimate was about $2.9 million.
The work is scheduled to begin about April 4 and continue through August, Slocum said.
The full list of roads scheduled for maintenance is as follows:
Patch and overlay:
- North Colonial Drive from Birch Knoll Road and Cornell Drive
- Oak Hill Avenue from Meadow View Drive to the city limits
- Meadow View Drive from Md. 60 to Oak Hill Avenue
Patch and crack fill:
- Roessner Avenue from Gay Street to Flower Avenue
- Beaver Creek Road from Auto Place to Md. 66
- Mount Aetna Road from White Hall Road to Md. 66
- Marsh Pike from Victory Lane to the Pa. state line
- Stanford Road from Cornell Avenue to Yale Drive
- Mount Aetna Road from White Hall Road to near Ayoub Lane
- White Hall Road from Beaver Creek Road to Landis Road
- Howell Road from Mount Aetna Road to the city limits
- Oak Hill Avenue from Meadow View Drive to The Terrace
- Volvo Way from Maugans Avenue to the gatehouse
- West Washington Street from Western Maryland Parkway to the city limits
- Halfway Boulevard from Blake Road to Newgate Boulevard
— Heather Keels
- Hopewell Road from the CSX Railroad crossing to the Williamsport town limits
Copyright © 2013, Herald Mail