United Way of Washington County is requesting proposals for Community Impact programs for the 2013 program year.
Funding is available for programs designed to meet education, income and health needs within Washington County, the United Way said in a news release.
Only health and human service 501(C)3 organizations are eligible to apply for funds, the agency said.
Beginning Tuesday, applications for funding will be available on United Way’s website at www.unitedwaywashcounty.org. Applicants may download the instructions and application and review for compliance to apply for funding, according to the release. Applications must be submitted no later than 4 p.m. on March 1.
United Way, using the Strategic Community Impact Plan (SCIP) that was developed in conjunction with Community Foundation of Washington County Md., Inc. and the community, adopted goals and strategies within three focus areas:
• Education — Helping children and youth achieve their potential through educational readiness.
• Income — Promoting financial stability and independence through sustainable employment and access to affordable housing.
• Health — Improving individual and family health, safety and security.
The Strategic Community Impact Plan (SCIP) is the result of a collaborative effort to identify the most pressing health and human service needs in Washington County. This effort included the identification and prioritization of needs, as well as the development of goals and strategies to assist the community in having an impact upon those needs.
A one-hour mandatory meeting for all applicants will be hosted on Feb. 20 at 8 a.m. and Feb. 21 at 3 p.m. at United Way of Washington County, at 33 W. Franklin St., Suite 203, in Hagerstown. Applicants will be invited to an interview and to present their application in March.
Specific details for applying for a Community Impact grant are included in the application instructions. Those wishing to sign up for one of the mandatory meetings or who have grant-related questions may call Kathy Saxman at 301-739-8200, ext. 15 or email her at email@example.com.
For more information
• More information about United Way’s goals and strategies can be found at www.unitedwaywashcounty.org/organization/index.aspx.
• More information about the Strategic Community Impact Plan (SCIP) can be found at www.cfwcmd.org/strategic-community-impact-plan-scip.