Here is the Morning Mojo Report for Thursday, Dec. 20:
* As of 7:30 a.m., traffic is sluggish on I-270 southbound and I-495 in both directions, but it is running fine on all the other interstates throughout the area.
* As the holidays approach, the MARC Train will operate on modified schedules Friday, Dec. 21 through Tuesday, Jan. 1, according to the Maryland Transit Administration's website, http://mta.maryland.gov.
* On Friday Dec. 21 and Friday, Dec. 28, Train 640 will be canceled and Train 442 will operate through the Martin Airport in Baltimore because there will be a special Penn Line Train that will leave Union Station at 2:50 p.m. making all stops to Perryville, northeast of Baltimore. Train 852 will also be canceled due to a special Camden Line Train that will leave Union Station at 2 p.m. make all stops to Camden Yards, and Trains 875 and 879 are canceled due to a special Brunswick Line Train leaving Union Station at 2:40 p.m. making all stops to Martinsburg, with Train 871 operating 15 minutes late.
* On Monday, Dec. 24 and Monday, Dec. 31, only trains with an "S" under their train numbers in the timetable will operate on Brunswick and Penn Lines, and there will be no service on the Camden Line.
* On Tuesday, Dec. 25 and Tuesday, Jan. 1, there will be no MARC Train service.
* For today, the MARC Train, Commuter Buses, light rail, metro bus service, and mobility service are all running on time and operating on their regular schedules, according to the Maryland Transit Administration's website, http://mta.maryland.gov.
* The weather today is expected to be mostly cloudy and breezy with rain this afternoon, a high of 44 degrees, wind around 12 miles per hour (mph), and an 83 percent chance of precipitation, according to the AccuWeather forecast on the HMTV6 weather website at www.herald-mail.com/hmtv6/weather/. Tonight it is expected to be breezy with rain, a low around 34 degrees, wind around 12 mph, and an 80 percent chance of precipitation. Check the HMTV6 weather blog at hagerstownblogs.com/brittany-beggs/ for weather updates.
* Work to improve U.S. Alternate 40 and Poffenberger Road is still in progress, and Poffenberger Road is closed between Garis Shop Road and Sharpsburg Pike (Md. 65). U.S. Alternate 40 may be reduced to one lane at times. Workers are assisting traffic there when needed.
* Work to improve the intersection of U.S. 40 and Md. 63 is underway and is expected to continue until Spring, 2013, according to reports from the Maryland State Highway Administration. Workers are assisting traffic in the area when needed, and expect lane closures at different times.
* Rice Road closed last month and is expected to remain closed for about 9 more weeks for a culvert replacement, according to the Washington County Division of Public Works. Resley Road is serving as its designated detour route.
* Speed cameras have been placed on I-70 at Conococheague Creek for work zone safety as part of the bridge rehabilitation project there, according to the Maryland State Highway Administration. Now motorists driving more than 12 miles over the posted speed limit in the area, which is 55 miles per hour, will face a $40 citation.