* As of 7:30 a.m., traffic was sluggish on I-270 southbound and I-495, but was running fine on all the other interstates throughout the area, according to the Maryland Department of Transportation's interactive mapping page on its website.
* The MARC Train, light rail, commuter buses, metro bus service and mobility service were all running on time and operating on their regular schedules, according to the Maryland Transit Administration's website, http://mta.maryland.gov.
* The weather today is expected to be cloudy with afternoon rain, a high of 45 degrees, winds around 4 miles per hour, and a 91 percent chance of precipitation, according to the AccuWeather forecast on the HMTV6 weather website at www.herald-mail.com/hmtv6/weather/. Tonight, 1 to 3 inches of snow are expected, with a low of 30 degrees, wind around 5 mph and a 76 percent chance of precipitation. Check the HMTV6 weather blog at http://hagerstownblogs.com/brittany-beggs/. for weather updates.
* Work to improve the intersection of U.S. 40 and Md. 63 is still in progress and is expected to continue until spring, according to reports from the Maryland State Highway Administration. Workers are assisting traffic in the area when needed, and expect lane closures at different times.
* Speed cameras have been placed on I-70 at Conococheague Creek for work zone safety as part of the bridge rehabilitation project there, according to the Maryland State Highway Administration. Now motorists driving more than 12 miles over the posted speed limit in the area, which is 55 miles per hour, will face a $40 citation.
* West Antietam Street between South Potomac Street and Rochester Place in Hagerstown is expected to remain closed at least through the end of the week for demolition work on a building that burned in a fire last week, according to a published report.