* As of 7:30 a.m., traffic was sluggish on I-270 and I-495, but was running fine on all the other interstates throughout the area, according to the Maryland Department of Transportation's interactive mapping page on its website.
* On the MARC Train, Train 890 is terminated. Passengers have transferred to Train 872, which is operating 20 minutes late, Train 511 is operating 8 to 10 minutes late, and Train 874 is operating 12 to 15 minutes late, according to the Maryland Transit Administration's website at http://mta.maryland.gov. There were also still minor delays on the light rail between BWI Business Park Station and BWI Airport.
* The Commuter buses, metro bus service, and mobility service are all running on time and operating on their regular schedules, according to the MTA website.
* The weather today is expected to be cloudy with a little icy mix this morning followed by a rain or snow shower in spots this afternoon, a high of 35 degrees, winds around 6 miles per hour, and a 51 percent chance of precipitation, according to the AccuWeather forecast on the HMTV6 weather website at www.herald-mail.com/hmtv6/weather/. Tonight, expect occasional rain and drizzle with a low of 33 degrees and winds around 5 mph. The chance of precipitation is 57 percent. Check the HMTV6 weather blog at http://hagerstownblogs.com/brittany-beggs/. for weather updates.
* Work to improve the intersection of U.S. 40 and Md. 63 is still in progress and is expected to continue until spring, according to reports from the Maryland State Highway Administration. Workers are assisting traffic in the area when needed. Expect lane closures at times.
* Speed cameras have been placed on I-70 at Conococheague Creek for work zone safety as part of the bridge rehabilitation project there, according to the Maryland State Highway Administration. Now motorists driving more than 12 miles over the posted speed limit in the area, which is 55 miles per hour, will face a $40 citation.
* West Antietam Street remains closed between South Potomac Street and Rochester Place for demolition work on a building at 19-23 W. Antietam St. that was damaged in a fire. It's expected to reopen next week.