7:14 AM EDT, October 1, 2012
Here is the Morning MoJo Report for Monday, Oct. 1:
* As of 7 a.m., traffic was a little sluggish on I-495 in both directions and I-270 southbound, but was running fine on all the other interstates throughout the area.
* The MARC Train, Light Rail, Metro Subway, Commuter Buses, and Local Bus Services were all running on time, according to the Maryland Transit Administration (MTA) website, mta.maryland.gov/.
* The weather today is expected to be partly sunny with a high near 69 degrees, areas of dense fog before 10 a.m., a slight chance of showers after 3 p.m., a 20 percent chance of precipitation, and winds around 5 miles per hour, according to the National Weather Service's website, forecast.weather.gov. Tonight, showers are expected mainly after 9 p.m. with a low around 56 degrees, wind between 3 and 6 mph, and an 80 percent chance of precipitation.
* Work to improve U.S. Alternate 40 and Poffenberger Road continues. Poffenberger Road is closed between Garis Shop Road and Sharpsburg Pike (Md. 65). Traffic on U.S. Alternate 40 may be reduced to one lane at times. Workers are assisting traffic there when needed.
* Work to improve the intersection of U.S. 40 and Md. 63 is expected to continue until Spring, 2013, according to reports from the Maryland State Highway Administration. Workers are assisting traffic in the area when needed. Expect lane closures at different times.
* Traffic on Ashton and Saint Paul roads near Clear Spring will both be reduced to one lane at different times until around Oct. 11 for work on two I-70 bridges over each road that began Tuesday, Sept. 25, according to an emailed release from the Maryland State Highway Administration.
* Traffic at the intersection of West Franklin and North Potomac streets in Hagerstown is subject to being reduced to one lane between 8 p.m. and 6 a.m. through Friday, Oct. 5, for replacement of deteriorating brick crosswalks at the intersection, according to an emailed release from the Maryland State Highway Administration.
Copyright © 2013, Herald Mail