7:35 AM EDT, October 12, 2012
• As of 7:30 a.m., traffic is sluggish on I-270 southbound and I-70 in both directions, but it is running fine on all the other interstates throughout the area.
• The MARC Train, Light Rail, Commuter Buses, Metro Subway, and Local Bus Services are all running on time, according to the Maryland Transit Administration (MTA) website, mta.maryland.gov/.
• The weather today is expected to be mostly sunny with a high near 61 degrees and wind between 10 and 15 miles per hour (mph), according to the National Weather Service's website, forecast.weather.gov. Tonight it is expected to be clear with a low around 30 degrees, areas of frost after 2 a.m., and wind between 3 and 7 mph.
• Work to improve U.S. Alternate 40 and Poffenberger Road is underway, and Poffenberger Road is closed between Garis Shop Road and Sharpsburg Pike (Md. 65). U.S. Alternate 40 may be reduced to one lane at times. Workers are assisting traffic there when needed.
• Work to improve the intersection of U.S. 40 and Md. 63 is underway and is expected to continue until Spring, 2013, according to reports from the Maryland State Highway Administration. Workers are assisting traffic in the area when needed, and expect lane closures at different times.
Copyright © 2013, Herald Mail