Here is the Morning MoJo Report for Thursday, Oct. 18:
* As of 7:30 a.m., traffic was sluggish on I-270 southbound and I-495 in both directions, but was running fine on all the other interstates throughout the area.
* The MARC Train, Light Rail, Commuter Buses, Metro Subway and Local Bus Services were all running on time, according to the Maryland Transit Administration website, mta.maryland.gov/.
* The weather today is expected to be partly sunny with a high of 69 degrees, a slight chance of showers between 2 p.m. and 5 p.m., then a chance of showers and thunderstorms after 5 p.m., breezy winds between 10 and 15 miles per hour, increasing to between 16 and 21 mph, and a 30 percent chance of precipitation overall, according to the National Weather Service's website, forecast.weather.gov. Tonight, there is a possibility of showers and possibly a thunderstorm before 8 p.m., then showers and thunderstorms between 8 p.m. and 2 a.m., then a chance of showers after 2 a.m., patchy fog after 1 a.m., a low around 51 degrees, winds between 8 and 13 mph, and a 90 percent chance of precipitation.
* Work to improve the intersection of U.S. 40 and Md. 63 is expected to continue until the spring of 2013, according to the Maryland State Highway Administration. Workers are assisting traffic in the area when needed, and expect occasional lane closure.
* Work to improve U.S. Alternate 40 and Poffenberger Road continues. Poffenberger Road is closed between Garis Shop Road and Sharpsburg Pike (Md. 65). Traffic on U.S. Alternate 40 may be reduced to one lane at times. Workers are assisting traffic there when needed.