7:06 AM EDT, October 2, 2012
Here is the Morning MoJo Report for Tuesday, Oct. 2:
* As of 7 a.m., traffic was a little sluggish on I-495 in both directions and I-270 southbound, but was running fine on all the other interstates throughout the area.
* The MARC Train, Light Rail, Metro Subway, Commuter Buses, and Local Bus Services are all running on time, according to the Maryland Transit Administration website, mta.maryland.gov/.
* The weather today is expected to include showers and thunderstorms also possible after 8 a.m. with a high near 73 degrees, a 100 percent chance of precipitation, and winds between 3 and 6 miles per hour, according to the National Weather Service's website, forecast.weather.gov. Tonight, there's a chance of showers with a low around 62 degrees and a 40 percent chance of precipitation.
* Work to improve U.S. Alternate 40 and Poffenberger Road continues. Poffenberger Road is closed between Garis Shop Road and Sharpsburg Pike (Md. 65). Traffic on U.S. Alternate 40 may be reduced to one lane at times. Workers are assisting traffic there when needed.
* Work to improve the intersection of U.S. 40 and Md. 63 is expected to continue until the spring of 2013, according to reports from the Maryland State Highway Administration. Workers are assisting traffic in the area when needed. Expect lane closures at different times.
* Traffic on Ashton and Saint Paul roads near Clear Spring will both be reduced to one lane at different times until around Oct. 11 for work on two I-70 bridges over each road that began Tuesday, Sept. 25, according to an emailed release from the Maryland State Highway Administration.
* Traffic at the intersection of West Franklin and North Potomac Streets is subject to being reduced to one lane between 8 p.m. and 6 a.m. through Friday, Oct. 5, for replacement of deteriorating brick crosswalks at the intersection, according to an emailed release from the Maryland State Highway Administration.
Copyright © 2013, Herald Mail