Here is the Morning MoJo Report for Tuesday, Oct. 23:
* As of 7:30 a.m., traffic was sluggish on I-270 southbound and I-495 in both directions, and a tractor-trailer accident has closed I-81 northbound in Berkeley County, W.Va. Traffic was running fine on all the other interstates throughout the area.
* The Metro Subway is undergoing repairs at the Johns Hopkins interlocking through Wednesday, according to the Maryland Transit Administration (MTA) website, mta.maryland.gov/. There will be alternating train service there during peak hours.
* The MARC Train, Light Rail, Commuter Buses, and Local Bus Services were all running on time, according to the MTA website.
* The weather today is expected to be mostly cloudy with a high near 75 degrees and winds between 5 and 8 miles per hour (mph), according to the National Weather Service. Tonight, it's expected to be mostly cloudy with a low around 54 degrees. For the latest local forecasts, go to www.herald-mail.com/weather.
* Work to improve U.S. Alternate 40 and Poffenberger Road continues. Poffenberger Road is closed between Garis Shop Road and Sharpsburg Pike (Md. 65). Traffic on U.S. Alternate 40 may be reduced to one lane at times. Workers are assisting traffic there when needed.
* Work to improve the intersection of U.S. 40 and Md. 63 is expected to continue until the spring of 2013, according to the Maryland State Highway Administration. Workers are assisting traffic in the area when needed, and expect lane closures at different times.
* Traffic on Pennsylvania Avenue (U.S. 11) is reduced to one lane between Maugans Avenue and Northern Avenue so the Maryland State Highway Administration can remove the top layer of pavement and resurface it in that area, according to an emailed release from the SHA. Work is expected to continue through Friday, Nov. 9.