Here is the Morning Mojo Report for Friday, Sept. 14:
• As of 7 a.m., traffic is a little sluggish on I-495 in both directions, but it is running fine on all the other interstates throughout the area.
• The MARC Train, light rail, Metro Subway, Commuter Buses, and Local Bus Services are all running on time, according to the Maryland Transit Administration (MTA) website, mta.maryland.gov/.
• The weather today is expected to be mostly sunny with a high near 81 degrees and wind between 5 and 9 miles per hour (mph), according to the National Weather Service's website, forecast.weather.gov. Tonight it is expected to be mostly cloudy with a low around 55 degrees, a slight chance of showers before midnight, wind between 8 and 13 mph, and a 20 percent chance of precipitation overall.
• Work to improve U.S. Alternate 40 and Poffenberger Road is underway, and Poffenberger Road is closed between Garis Shop Road and Sharpsburg Pike (Md. 65). U.S. Alternate 40 may be reduced to one lane at times. Workers are assisting traffic there when needed.
• Work to improve the intersection of U.S. 40 and Md. 63 began Monday and is expected to continue until Spring, 2013, according to reports from the Maryland State Highway Administration. Workers are assisting traffic in the area when needed, and expect lane closures at different times.