Here is a list of road and lane closures in the area for Wednesday, Aug. 31:
* The bridge at the intersection of Mount Tabor and Rush Run roads will be closed for "a signficant amount of time" until a replacement bridge is built, Washington County officials announced. Motorists are advised to use the Spade Road detour.
*The left shoulder and one lane of southbound Interstate 81 is closed at Interstate 70 for guardrail repair, according to the Maryland State Highway Administration's website. Closure is expected to remain in effect until 5 p.m. today.
* Two lanes and both shoulders of I-70 westbound near Hancock will be subject to closure until Thursday for mill and overlay work and patchwork, according to the Maryland State Highway Administration's website. Any lane could be closed at any time of the day.
*All lanes of Interstate 70 in both directions are subject to closure at the Pennsylvania state line for line striping, according to the Maryland State Highway Administration's website. Closure is expected to remain in effect until 3 p.m. today.
* The Md. 63 bridge over the CSX Railroad near Williamsport was closed effective June 20, according to a news release from the Maryland State Highway Administration. The bridge is expected to be closed until the end of the summer.
* Paving is continuing on Interstate 70 as part of its resurfacing plan from Mapleville Road (Exit 35) near Smithsburg and Boonsboro to the Frederick County line. Work is expected to continue in both directions until the fall, according to the Maryland State Highway Administration. Expect possible single lane closures on I-70 Monday through Thursday between 7 p.m. and 6 a.m. and Sunday midnight to 11 a.m., as well as periodic closures on Mapleville Road (Md. 66).
* Only one lane of Md. 550 in Thurmont, Md., is open between Eylers Valley Flint Road and Kelbaugh Road due to a mudslide that occurred April 17. The Maryland State Highway Administration says it is unsure when the road will completely reopen.
* Work to expand the intersection of Massey Boulevard and Halfway Boulevard near Hagerstown continues, causing traffic to be backed up in each direction at different times. Roadwork is expected to continue there until Thanksgiving.
* Work to widen the intersection of Dual Highway and Edgewood Drive continues. Traffic is sometimes sluggish in both directions.