Associated Builders and Contractors Inc., Cumberland Valley Chapter recognizes members, projects
7:25 PM EDT, September 25, 2012
Associated Builders and Contractors Inc., Cumberland Valley Chapter, recognized members and their top Excellence in Construction projects Sept. 13 at Fountain Head Country Club in Hagerstown.
The Excellence in Construction awards program is the industry’s leading competition, developed to honor innovative and high-quality merit shop construction projects and safety programs. The award honors all construction team members, including the contractor, owner, architect and engineer.
Local winners have the opportunity to apply at the national level.
- Category A-1 (commercial construction, less than $5 million): Brechbill & Helman Construction Co. Inc. for its Bergman Eye Center project
- Category A-2 (commercial construction, $5 million to $10 million): Warner Construction for its Trilogy building project
- Category A-4 (commercial construction, $25 million to $100 million): Morgan Keller Construction for its NCI Advanced Technology Research Facility, Frederick National Laboratory for Cancer Research project
- Category F-1 (institutional, less than $5 million): Morgan Keller Construction for its Brunswick Volunteer Fire Co. project
- Category F-2 (institutional, $5 million to $10 million): Morgan Keller Construction for its Williamsport Retirement Village east wing addition
- Category F-3 (institutional, $10 million to $25 million): Warner Construction for its Hood College Athletic Center project
- Category G-1 (interior renovation or restoration): Warner Interiors for its Capital Woman’s Care third-floor fit-out
- Category J-2 (electrical, $2 million to $10 million): RCD Inc. Electric Services for its Hampshire Memorial Hospital project
- Category M-2 (mechanical, $2 million to $10 million): R.W. Warner Inc. for its Hood Athletic Center project
- Category M-3 (mechanical, more than $10 million): R.W. Warner Inc. for its Westminster High School HVAC replacement
The following subcontractors were recognized for their contributions to the winning projects: AMS Service Inc; Aircon Engineering; Bollinger Construction; Crown Inc. of Hagerstown; Ellsworth Electric Inc.; Emmitsburg Glass; H. Frank Foland & Sons Inc.; HPG Windows and Doors; H.R. Ebersole & Sons; M.S. Johnston Co.; MEC Inc.; North Star Foundations Inc.; Ralph E. Tolbert Masonry; and Warner Industrial.
- Category A-1 (commercial construction, less than $5 million): Warner Interiors for its Black Hog II project; Morgan Keller Specialty Contracts group for its BB&T Buckeystown Pike project
- Category F-2 (institutional, $5 million to $10 million): Warner Construction for its Spring Mills Primary School project
- Category G-1 (interior renovation or restoration): Morgan Keller Specialty Contracts Group for its Healthcare Family Federal Credit Union project
National Safety Awards were presented to some Cumberland Valley Chapter contractors.
The Safety Training and Evaluation Process awards recognize the efforts of ABC members who strive to achieve effective safety practices at their firms, and provide contractors with a tool to objectively evaluate their safety programs, policies, procedures and training.
The following certificates were presented:
- Gold level: Brechbill & Helman Construction Co. Inc.; D.L. George & Sons; Ellsworth Electric Inc.; Emmitsburg Glass; HPG Windows and Doors; and Morgan Keller Inc.
- Silver level: GRC General Contractor Inc.; Heidler Roofing Services; R.W. Warner Inc; RCD Inc. Electrical Services; Stouffer Mechanical Contractors LLC; Tissa Enterprises Inc.; and Waynesboro Construction Co.
Copyright © 2013, Herald Mail