WAYNESBORO, Pa. —The American Red Cross was called to assist a family after fire broke out in their home on Scott Road in Washington Township Monday evening, according to a Waynesboro Fire Department spokesman.
The 6:24 p.m. fire at 12009 Scott Road appears to have been caused by an electrical issue in the kitchen, said Deputy Chief Trayer Stoops.
Heavy fire developed in the kitchen and fire was blowing out two windows, Stoops said.
There was heat and smoke damage throughout the home, Stoops said.
Two adults and two children lived in the home, but they were not there at the time of the fire, Stoops said.
Waynesboro firefighters used extra help in battling the blaze because of Monday’s high temperatures, Stoops said.
Stoops said the fire is still under investigation.