11:33 PM EST, January 21, 2013
GETTYSBURG, Pa. (AP)
A coroner said a woman found dead after a central Pennsylvania house fire died of smoke inhalation.
Adams County Coroner Pat Felix told the York Dispatch that 79-year-old Viola Strausbaugh died of acute carbon monoxide toxicity. He ruled her death accidental.
Emergency crews were called to the victim’s Hamiltonban Township home shortly before 8 a.m. Sunday. Strausbaugh was later found dead on the living room floor. Felix said her dog also died in the blaze.
The cause of the fire remains under investigation.
Hamiltonban Township butts up against Washington Township just east of Blue Ridge Summit, Pa., in Franklin County, Pa.