Many teams will take time from the rigors of their regular schedules to take part in tournaments or mixers during this week’s holiday break.
* The slate of boys tournaments was put on hold for a day due to Wednesday’s stormy weather.
The Great Tri-State Shootout at Berkeley Springs, W.Va., was postponed and will now be played Thursday and Friday.
Clear Spring meets Southern Fulton in the 6 p.m. opener, followed by Hancock against Berkeley Springs.
* North Hagerstown will host an eight-team mixer Thursday, which includes South Hagerstown and Smithsburg. Waynesboro and Washington (W.Va.) are also in the field.
There will be four games both Thursday and Friday, beginning at 2 p.m.
* Williamsport hosts the Doub Classic on Friday and Saturday. Greencastle faces Broadfording Christian at 5, preceeding a Mountain Ridge-Williamsport matchup.
* Other events will find St. Maria Goretti at the Fort Hill Classic against Allegany on Friday and Fort Hill on Saturday; Saint James going against Henry Wise in the Mount Vernon (Va.) Classic on Friday and Boonsboro against Everett on Friday at the Everett Holiday Tournament.
* On the girls side, South Hagerstown will have a tough tourney opener Thursday against Martinsburg in the Hampshire (W.Va.) Holiday Tournament. That tournament will be decided on Saturday.
* The girls’ half of the Doub Classic will be played Friday with Jefferson meeting Allegany at 1, followed by Williamsport facing Berkeley Springs.
* The Hancock Holiday Classic will pit Broadfording against Southern Fulton on Friday at 6, followed by Hancock’s showdown with Clear Spring.
* Elsewhere, Hedgesville goes to Fairmont Senior for games Friday and Saturday.