Joshua Davis had gotten into an argument with several people on a bus and was shot several times after he got off in the 2000 block of West 69th Street in the West Englewood neighborhood shortly after 11:30 p.m., police said.
- Hospitals and Clinics
See more topics »
- 6200 South Michigan Avenue, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
- 1900 South Harding Avenue, Chicago, IL 60623, USA
- 2000 West 69th Street, Chicago, IL 60636, USA
- 50 North Lockwood Avenue, Chicago, IL 60644, USA
- 4300 West Armitage Avenue, Chicago, IL 60639, USA
Davis lived in the 7200 block of South Bell Avenue in the same neighborhood, according to the Cook County medical examiner's office.
In other shootings:
• Two 21-year-old men were shot in the 0-100 block of North Lockwood Avenue after getting into an argument at a party at about 1:15 a.m. Wednesday, near Madison Street, police said. One man was shot in the neck and the leg and was taken to Stroger Hospital, where he was expected to survive. The other man was shot in the knee and taken to West Suburban Medical Center, police said.
At the crime scene, police used a bottle of fruit punch to mark the location of a shell casing because an evidence marker kept blowing down the alley.
Police blocked off a second West Side crime scene on Laramie where a van was stopped, also near the intersection of Madison Street. One of the van's windows appeared to be shot out and its back tires were flat.
Police said both victims were taken by friends to West Suburban Medical Center before the one with the neck wound was transferred.
• A woman, 22, was in critical condition after getting shot in the neck by her boyfriend during an argument inside an apartment in the 1900 block of South Harding Street in the Lawndale neighborhood about 9:40 p.m., police said. She was taken to Mount Sinai Hospital.
• About 7 p.m., an 11-year-old boy was grazed in the arm in the 6200 block of South Michigan Avenue and taken to Comer Children's Hospital, according to police. He was walking in a group when he heard shots and felt pain.
• A man was shot in the back about 2 p.m. in the 4300 block of West Armitage Avenue in the Hermosa neighborhood on the Northwest Side.
No one was in custody for any of the shootings.