E-mail this story
Fire officials shut down nightclub, community center party
The Chicago Fire Department shut down a South Side nightclub and a party on the roof of a West Side community center early Sunday morning after officials found exposed wiring, overcrowding and other code violations.About 12:15 a.m., fire officials were called to a nightclub in the 2200 block of South Michigan Avenue, Fire Department spokesman Larry Langford said. The second-floor club had a posted capacity of 80 people, but officials found more than 140 people inside, Langford said.
By Adam Sege
February 10, 2013