2012 was full of famous faces, but some really caught our attention:
9. Girls the world over fell in love with 11-time Olympic medalist Ryan Lochte.
8. Tim Tebow’s famous prayer stance became the new Heisman Pose.
7. Femme fatale Lana Del Rey was more ‘60s lounge singer than modern pop star -- and we loved her for it.
6. Bubbly Carly Rae Jepsen stole our hearts this year with MTV’s Song of the Year, “Call Me Maybe.”
5. Louis C.K.’s been around- but it wasn’t till this year that people really noticed his comedic genius.
4. Jeremy Lin unexpectedly led the New York Knicks to a winning streak early in 2012. “Linsanity” ensued.
3. Nate Silver’s FiveThirtyEight blog gained national attention this election season for its innovative and remarkably accurate method of predicting elections.
2. Whether it was his fiscal policy expertise, his frank opinions, or his good looks and P90X regimen, there was something about Wisconsin Representative Paul Ryan America couldn’t resist.
1. Felix Baumgartner blew our minds with his October jump from a helium balloon all the way in the stratosphere.