Classes include classic car, truck, motorcycle, rad rod, street rod, custom, plus best of show, all people's choice. Registration is from 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. The awards ceremony is at 2:30 p.m.
The event benefits Christmas Lights in the Park and Classic Car Group for Children.
Free Stop Smoking for Life program planned
The Washington County Health Department will hold a Stop Smoking for Life program in the community room at Town Hall beginning Tuesday, Aug. 2, and running through Aug. 23. Classes will meet from 3 to 4 p.m.
Classes are free, but registration is required. Free nicotine replacement therapy patches will be available while supply lasts.
For more information and to register, call 240-313-3360 (TDD/TTY 240-313-3391). The event is supported by the Cigarette Restitution Fund Program.
It's the halfway point of summer and the Williamsport blockbusters keep coming. Mark your calendars now and watch for more information on all these upcoming events:
- National Night Out on Tuesday, Aug. 2, from 6 to 8 p.m., brings law enforcement, fun, free food and the community together to "pack the park."
- Downsville Ruritan carnival returns to Byron Memorial Park from Aug. 14 to 20.
- Williamsport Days begins Thursday, Aug. 25, from 7 to 8:30 p.m., with the Williamsport Community Band concert in Byron Memorial Park.
- The Lions Club's annual ox roast at the Red Men Pavilion is Friday, Aug. 26, followed by a weekend of crafts and music in the park.
- Dress up in your favorite pirate gear and join in the treasure hunt at Pirate's Plunder — Last Blast of Summer, as pirates take over the town on Sunday, Sept. 18, from 1 to 5 p.m.
Share your news about events in area
If you have news of events, activities or announcements for Williamsport and the surrounding area, contact Paula Green Shupp at 301-302-3878 or email email@example.com.