She spent part of her time there teaching in a school.
The students in both countries are now writing letters to one another, trying to increase their Spanish-English communication. What a terrific program.
Memorial Day parade set for Sunday, May 27
Unit 10 Auxiliary of the Boonsboro American Legion sponsors the annual Memorial Day ceremony and parade in Boonsboro. This year’s event is scheduled for Sunday, May 27, with the ceremony starting at 1 p.m. in front of Town Hall and the parade starting at 2 p.m., forming at the school complex.
Anyone interested in participating in the parade should call 301-432-5634.
Class of 1966 to hold reunion
The BHS Class of 1966 will celebrate its 46th reunion Saturday with a picnic at Pavilion No. 1 in Boonsboro’s Shafer Park, starting at 11 a.m.
For more information, call Carolyn Albert Aycoth at 301-992-6107 or Jeannie Gonzalez at 301-639-8844.
Spaghetti dinner planned Saturday
Greenbrier Baptist Church, at the intersection of U.S. 40 and Md. 66, north of Boonsboro, will host a spaghetti dinner Saturday from 4 to 6 p.m.
The menu includes spaghetti, salad, bread, beverages and dessert.
There is not a set ticket price, but donations will be accepted. All proceeds will benefit the church’s Relay for Life team. The public is invited.
Pig roast and luau to be held June 23
The Boonsboro Fire Co. will host its second annual pig roast and luau Saturday, June 23, from 3 to 11 p.m. at Station 8, 3417 Rohrersville Road.
Tickets cost $15 in advance and $20 at the door, and include meal, soft drinks and two beer tickets. The event will feature a disc jockey, tip jars, horseshoes, volleyball and other activities. For advance tickets, call Jessie at 301-432-5515 or Kim at 240-315-1660. Tickets are nonrefundable, and no outside food, alcohol, coolers or pets will be permitted.
Class of 1977
A reminder that the BHS Class of 1977’s class reunion planning meeting will be Wednesday at 6 p.m. at the Elks Lodge in Hagerstown. To reserve a seat for the meeting, call Sherry (Reeder) Bingaman at 301-432-5034.
There’s lots to do at the Boonsboro library this week:
- Toddler Time for those ages 18 tot 36 months is today at 11 a.m.
- Older tots, ages 3 and older are invited to Preschool Story Time on Wednesday at 3:30 p.m.
- The weekly Friday lap sit for those ages 18 months and younger is on Friday at 11 a.m.
- Story Time for all ages on Saturday is at 11 a.m.
- The Afternoon Book Share takes place Tuesday at 3 p.m. This month’s selection is “Swamplandia!” by Karen Russell.
- Book Share for adults is scheduled for Thursday at 6 pm. Bring your current read in to share.
- Dr. Bodenheimer will discuss tick-borne disease, prevention and treatment Tuesday at 6 p.m.
- Teen/Adult Craft Night takes place Wednesday at 6 p.m. What can you do with leftover scrapbook paper? Make a tree. Bring your extra scrapbook paper in to share and make a tree to take home.
Call 301-432-5723 to register for any of the programs.
Share your news about events in area
Call 301-432-8615 (leave message) or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.