DALLAS—The annual State Fair of Texas will be the stage for the unveiling of the "Top 100 Moments in North Texas Football History" each day during the first week of the fair, with a countdown from 100 to 1 on display in the Hall of State. Also on display is the exhibit "Tom Landry: The Coach and the Man."
Here is the list of top moments, in descending order, as unveiled so far:
100. The Dallas Texans defeat the Houston Oilers in 2 OT to win the AFC championship.
98. LaDainian Tomlinson sets NCAA record with 406 rushing yards in one game.
96. Notre Dame beats Houston in the "Chicken Soup Bowl" game at the Cotton Bowl.
95. SMU beats No. 4 Navy.
94. Roger Staubach inducted to the Ring of Honor.
93. Jerry LeVias becomes the first African American to play for a Southwest Conference school.
92. Bobby Layne inducted to Hall of Fame.
91. Cowboys trade Herschel Walker to Vikings.
90. No. 1 Texas beats No. 2 Navy in the Cotton Bowl Classic.
89. Jimmy Johnson steps down as Cowboys Head Coach. 88. Cowboys beat the Packers to advance to Super Bowl XXX.
87. Cowboys defeat the Browns in the first Thanksgiving Day game.
86. Emmitt Smith sets an NFL record with 25 touchdowns in vs. Arizona.
85. No. 2 Texas beats No. 1 OU en route to national title.
84. Roger Staubach retires from the NFL.
83. Tommy Lewis tackles Dicky Maegle from the sidelines.
82. Cowboys beat 49ers to go to Super Bowl XXVII.
81. Troy Aikman and Rayfield Wright inducted to Pro Football Hall of Fame.