Discount gate admission tickets to the Kansas State Fair are available now through Thursday, Sept. 8 and can be purchased at Dillons stores, at the Kansas State Fair ticket office or at www.kansasstatefair.com. In addition, the Fair is offering a number of discount ticket packages, including the popular Kids Club. Ticket packages are available only at the Fair’s ticket office through Sept. 8.
FREE Concert - Jerrod Niemann, Sept. 14, 7:30 p.m.
Country hit maker and Kansas native Jerrod Niemann will be taking the stage on the U.S. Cellular Grandstand on Wednesday, Sept. 14 at 7:30 p.m. in a FREE concert with paid outside gate admission. You won’t want to miss his performance, sure to include recent hits such as “One More Drinkin’ Song,” “Lover, Lover” and “What Do You Want.” Find out more about Jerrod at http://www.jerrodniemannofficial.com.
FREE Gate Admission
Purchase your U.S. Cellular Grandstand tickets by August 26 and get your general gate admission to the Fair FREE (unless otherwise noted). U.S. Cellular Grandstand concert tickets are on sale now and may be purchased at the Kansas State Fair ticket office, by calling 1-800-362-3247 or at www.kansasstatefair.com.
- Outlaw Truck and Tractor Pull - Friday, Sept. 9, $10 adults 13+, $5 children 6-12, children 5 and under free (does not include gate admission)
- Kool & The Gang - Saturday, Sept. 10, $25
- Kenny Rogers - Sunday, Sept. 11, $28
- Demolition Derby - Monday, Sept. 12, $6 adults 13+, free for children 12 and younger (does not include gate admission)
- Darius Rucker - Tuesday, Sept. 13, $33
- Jerrod Niemann - Wednesday, Sept. 14 (FREE concert with paid outside gate admission)
- REO Speedwagon with the Little River Band - Thursday, Sept. 15, $28
- Third Day - Friday, Sept. 16, $25
- Daughtry - Saturday, Sept. 17, $40
- Big Time Rush with Hot Chelle Rae - Sunday, Sept. 18, $25
Head to the stages at Bretz Law Arena, Gottschalk Park and Lake Talbott for FREE performances, concerts and comedy. A complete schedule of all events is available online, and here are some highlights of the no-cost entertainment on the fairgrounds:
- Ron Diamond - Back again this year, comic-hypnotist Ron Diamond is guaranteed to make your side ache with all the hilarious acts performed by him and his hypnotic-audience members. Shows daily at Bretz Law Arena.
- Glenda & Mike’s Magic Show - This married couple provides a fun show for Fairgoers of all ages. Glenda astounds the audience with her polished magical presentations, and Mike jokes with a variety of his puppets using ventriloquism. The fun happens every day at Lake Talbott Stage.
- Shenaniguns Wild West Comedy Show - Experience lots of law and disorder when Deputy Jones and Sheriff Hoppalong strap on the big iron and face off against dangerous dimwit desperadoes. A wacky, fun show appearing daily at Gottshalk Park.
FREE Family Fun
Test your talents at several free events, activities and contests being held throughout the fair, including:
- Call of the Wild Competition - Gobble Gobble… Quack-Quack… Honk-Honk… A distinct poultry resonance will be heard around Lake Talbott on Sunday, Sept. 18 at 1 p.m. Mouths will be in “tip-top lip-ship shape” for this oral competition. Calling categories such as “Fly Down Cackle,” “Kee Kee Run,” “Cutting of Excited Hen” and a “Cluck & Purr” will be sure to captivate and delight the audience. Registration will take place at Lake Talbott starting at noon the day of the contest.