Frank Jemsek is the President and CEO of Cog Hill Golfcourse.
Three brothers moved to the Chicago area in 1920. John W., Martin J., and Bert Coghill bought the McLaughlin farm on the east side of Lemont Illinois in 1926 to build a golf club. They then hired David McIntosh, who owned Oak Hills, to build them a golf course. Cog Hill Course #1 opened July 4th weekend in 1927. Reservations for golf were taken at the Boston Store, which, at that time, was one of the downtown Chicago's leading department stores. The Chicago and Joliet Electric Railway ran from Chicago to Lemont giving golfers easy access for 25 cents. The club expanded in 1929 when the three brothers bought another 160 acres (0.65 km2) from the Reed Family on the east side of Parker Road. Course #2 was designed and built by David McIntosh and Bert Coghill. It was opened in the fall of 1929, within days of Wall Street Crash of 1929. Even during the tough twelve years of the depression Cog Hill was able to prosper. In 1951, Joe Jemsek bought Cog Hill. Course #3 was added in 1963 and Dubsdread was completed in 1964. The Western Golf Association awarded the Western Open to Cog Hill in 1991. It changed its name to the BMW Championship in 2007. Tiger Woods shot a course record 9 under 62 on Dubsdread in 2009.