October is domestic violence awareness month, and a new statewide campaign is collecting USED cell phones for victims to use in case of an emergency.
Each donated phone will be entirely erased and could be given to a domestic violence victim for emergency use.
For each phone donated, Verizon will donate $10 to the Illinois Coalition Against Domestic Violence.
Phones can be donated at the following locations:
- Lt. Governor’s Chicago office – James R. Thompson Center 15th floor
- Lt. Governor’s Springfield office – 214 State Capitol
- Lt. Governor’s Carbondale office – IDOT Facility, 2801 W. Murphysboro Rd.
- Chicago Bar Association bookstore – 321 S. Plymouth Ct., Chicago
- Illinois State Bar Association – 424 S. Second St., Springfield